What Comes With The Baby & When Will It Arrive?Baby Completion Requires 16-32 Weeks. Baby will ship to you dressed in a white onesie or tee shirt & diaper IN A SEALED PLASTIC ZIPPER BAG with his/her applicable COA and care information. A magnet will be installed for a pacifier unless you leave me a note for no magnet. You will need to use pacifiers that you can flip the magnet in (like honeybug) to be sure it will work with your baby's magnet polarity. The Images Are NOT the baby you will receive. In cases where I do not yet have a particular baby in my portfolio prototype images are respectfully presented for the sole purpose of showing the sculpt.
ABOUT YOUR BABY:
• Baby is painted in several layers for a lifelike appearance.
• Light Mottling is applied based on the approximate "age" of the baby sculpt.
• Veining is applied realistically to appear "beneath" the skin.
• Body, head & limbs are weighted with ultra-fine glass beads and topped with premium polyfil.
• This reborn doll will have standard rooted hair in a sweet baby style.
• Sleeping babies will have eyelashes that are rooted. Awake babies do NOT have eyelashes.
• “Barely There” Eyebrows & cream nail tips are added for realism.
ABOUT MY PROCESS:
Babies are worked on in batches of kits (3-4 baby kits at a time) and in stages of detailing (base layers of skin, veining layers, color washes, mottling, creasing, micro-detailing, etc.) I work with heat set paints which means that the vinyl must be be “rested” after it is heated several times to allow it to return to its original form. This is why there is a general “in process” explanation for all orders. Because babies are constantly rotating in and out of the studio from start to finish.
I work on a schedule of completions per week. Babies in between stages are stored in the warehouse to prevent dust from accumulating on them. Once they are brought out for their final stage of painting they are completed, rooted, sealed, photographed and packaged.
The photographs (when purchased as part of an order) are posted to social media for buyer review at that time. This method has proven to be the most time effective and has speeded up delivery times substantially.
Notice: **NOT EVERY PACKAGE INCLUDES A PRE-SHIPMENT REVIEW.Quality assurance images are always taken pre-shipment for validation of quality & packaging, however they may not be posted if digital proofing was not included in the buyers package.